Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hummus: reunited and it feels so good

Zach and I ate a lot of hummus while we were in Oklahoma and on the way home. When I was in 11th grade, I probably ate a hummus sandwich every single day. It's so good and not so bad on the health side of things. I've only ever made it once and it was a raw zucchini hummus. I thought I'd give a go at it while I have time (school starts on Tuesday!) and I made some low-fat hummus based on this recipe.

The recipe is really simple:
Can of garbanzo beans-- $1.09
a small handful of cilantro--59 cents
2 cloves of garlic (I might recommend one more, but I just threw in some more recipes to give it a little more flavor)--50 cents?
a whole lemon's worth of juice (a BIG lemon!)-- 59 cents?
Salt, pepper, & cumin to taste

I just played around with everything until it tasted how I wanted it to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment